super fun 2016
This New Year's wasn't about finding the best party or the rowdiest crowd. It was the opposite, actually. A few close friends and I rented a quiet house in Hood River to celebrate with board games, snow activities, and some good wine. It was such a relaxing alternative to getting dressed up and paying too much for a silly party with too many people. I spent the weekend doing exactly what I want the rest of the year to look like: eating good food with good people, playing outside, and not taking life too seriously.
There's nothing better than a fresh start, amen? I love the beginning of the year because it inspires me to think about the coming year and everything I hope to accomplish. New Year's resolutions, or a firm decision to do or not something, are hardly my strong suit. (I'm still biting my nails and eating all the ice cream.) So I decided to focus on my intentions this year and crafted them in a way that makes them almost impossible to totally fail at. After all, this should be an exciting time for planning and manifesting and hardly a time to get down on yourself for what you might or might not achieve.
So here's to a more fulfilling, productive, and SUPER FUN 2016.
- Do more meaningful work ("great work" instead of just "good work") with people who inspire me.
- Say "yes" to things that force me outside of my comfort zone.
- Recommit to my health through more exercise, meditation, and better food choices.
- Take a class - furniture building, ceramics, graphic design...anything!
- Read as many books as possible, but start with the ones sitting on my dresser.
- Commit to blogging a few times a month.
- Demonstrate gratitude whenever possible through words, letters, gifts, and so on.
- Invest in my relationships on a deeper level through conversations, challenges, and new experiences.
- Ask for help when I need it. I spend minutes, hours and sometimes days spinning my wheels on something that could be solved with a quick "hey, can you help me with this?"
- Drink good wine. Always.