If you’ve seen or read “The Secret,” then you know all about dream boards and the impact they can have serving as a daily reminder of the things/people/achievements/wealth you want in your life. I’m in the process of remaking mine, adding new things I’d like the Universe to manifest in my life. I wrote down a list of those things at the end of last year to remind me to look out for magazine clippings and other various symbols of those aspirations before putting my board together. As I sat on the floor reading through my list with a stack of magazines next to me, I realized that half of my list had come true. Half! In just over 6 months. I was humbled.
I encourage you to create a dream or vision board however you see fit, so as to remind you of the thoughts you’re putting out into the Universe. I’ve written about it before, but there is so much power in positive thinking. Envision your desires and meditate on them as often as possible and the Universe will respond.
My dream “list” from November 2011 (written in Santa Barbara during an extremely trying time in my life):
1. I am living in a city that I love – it is thriving, progressive, cultured, full of creatives, art, and passionate people. <– PORTLAND!!!
2. I have a solid group of friends who are supportive, inspiring, energetic, eclectic, and always laughing with me. We travel together! <– You know who are you and I love you for bringing me in as family.
3. I live in a craftsman cottage with lots of character and light. There is a backyard with room for a garden and a fire pit. My kitchen holds all of my friends and my bathroom has a giant tub.
4. I’m achieving optimal health. I work out regularly and use food as fuel and not as an emotional outlet. <– CrossFit has given my life a whole new meaning. I’m also eating Paleo and feel on top of the world.
5. I have a job that I love and can grow with and work for a company that inspires and challenges me. <– I was hired in May as the Content Marketing Specialist at ethology. It’s plain awesome.
6. I have the financial freedom to travel, decorate my home, and comfortably spend money on the people I care about. <– Not quite there, but I know it’s coming.
7. I’ve adopted a rescue dog. He/she is my pride and joy.
8. I have a blog that I update regularly. It is a resource for other Gen Y professionals and job-seekers as well as a way to journal my experiences. <– Duh.
9. I’m playing guitar and singing with another musician/band that pushes me to be better. We play a few nights a week around town but it’s not about the money.
10. I’m mentally and emotionally unattached to any and every toxic or hurtful relationship in my life. I know my worth and am only focusing on bettering myself. <– This is the BIGGEST accomplishment. I’m free to be me, love me, and focus on me so I can be better for others.
What are you asking the Universe for right now?